Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Frank Gearhart




Frank Gearhart walked this earth from 2/16/1924 until 10:00 PM 9/9/08. He was something. My father loved us and loved America. Every day there are fewer and fewer of this greatest generation left among us. He accomplished so much that I don't know where to begin -- from father to provider to patriot. He lined up to enlist the day after Pearl Harbor and fought for our country during the Second World War from D-Day to the liberation of Dachau. He never let me forget that our American freedoms were earned at great sacrifice, and always encouraged us to keep on fighting for the American dream. This Christian soldier is now with the God he served so well.

A memorial to my father is linked below right on my "Links To The World".

3 comments:

CCFRG said...

I'm so sorry to hear this.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that.

Steve King said...

I'm sorry for your lost. I am honored to hear of his part in the liberation of Dachau. Paula and I visited there during my military service. We were there in 1982.