Friday, April 18, 2008

Thank You Nancy Gearhart!

This press release is just in from my favorite commissioner:

RIDGELY TOWN COMMISSIONER NANCY GEARHART STEPS DOWN


“It’s time to take a break” says Nancy Gearhart. I have worked very hard serving Ridgely and its Citizens for six years and it’s time to take a break to be a mother and wife. As I look back, the accomplishments have been many through these challenging and changing times for Ridgely. It has not been easy as I have participated in countless workshops, seminars, and meetings and spent many long nights at the computer to prepare myself for the difficult decisions and to create alternative methods to address particular issues. Through all this I have always kept in mind that I am a Commissioner for the people. It is the citizens’ town and I represent them at the table!

I plan to stay involved in the town. There is much unfinished business that I need to follow through with. I will continue to participate in meetings of the various boards and commissions with the ever helpful town, county, and state staff. I would like to return to the Ridgely Planning & Zoning Commission when the opportunity arises.

I have not made it through these past 6 years alone. I thank all my loyal supporters for sticking by me through thick and thin and for voicing their opinions on issues to give me guidance. I’ll never be able to repay my babysitters and friends who have been there at the drop of a hat. And most of all, I thank my 11 year old daughter, Abigail, and my husband, Toby, for all the dinners they have prepared, homework they have struggled through, and keeping our household together in my absence.

As always, my door continues to be open to anyone who has concerns, questions, or issues they would like to discuss regarding our wonderful town.

______________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________

4 comments:

Dentonian said...

Sorry to hear this Nancy!

Marylandavehome said...

I'm sorry too. I know that more than a few gray hairs on you head were earned working for Ridgely. God bless you!

ahege said...

Thank you Nancy for a all your dedication to the citizens of Ridgely. We're sorry to see you go, but glad to hear you'll still be involved.

eyeonridgely said...

Great Job! Thank you. At least with Kathy Smith running for your seat, we have a CHANCE to keep accountability for the Town Office and look out for the citizens of Ridgely. Thank you for all your hard work.